20/02/2012

Mixing Patterns

Hope you all had a great weekend. Thought I would just post some pictures I took last week - when it was slightly sunnier- but didn't have time to put up! I love mixing patterns, I think it makes an outfit far more lively and vibrant, you just have to be careful as to how you execute it! It is important that the patterns do not overpower one another, so make sure they compliment each other in some way, whether it is through a colour in each piece or size of the pattern. However also make sure that they contrast each other in some form, this is most effectively done when the patterns are different to each other, for example mixing small, dainty, polka dots with larger, thick stripes.

I loved this green striped clutch I purchased from ASOS last summer, and I feel it adds a spring-like feel to any outfit, in particular this floral skirt!




Top- Ralph Lauren
Skirt- H&M
Clutch- ASOS
Shoes- Topshop
Necklace- Topshop
Cuff- Flea Market
Belt- Flea Market

5 comments:

  1. Love this floral skirt

    Kiss kiss.*Jo
    http://joandcompanystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute outfit, you look lovely, completely in love with your skirt!! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mix of prints, you look great!

    xo Ashleigh

    www.thedaileigh.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the floral skirt and you did well on mixing patterns.

    What about following eachother?I'm a new follower.

    Lots of love,
    Evamaria

    http://despite-the-style.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete