14/03/2014

Dressing Up


I may be nineteen but I still find dressing up to be something very enjoyable once in a while. I think I often still rake through my mum's old clothes to reminisce on past times when I was younger when I dressed up as fairy's or princesses in old ball gowns, and once in a while you end up finding something you would wear on a regular basis. 

I guess this outfit is really just a bit of fun, mixing this 80's puffy sleeved top with a long velvet maxi skirt. To accessorise, I completed the look with a statement pearl ring to add a modern element, and of course my favourite new Topshop heels. I also decided to do a half up half down hairstyle which is something I don't often do, but I found this faux Chanel hair clip in my jewelry box and thought it could be the perfect finishing touch. 

Do any of you still like to dress up once in a while? I would love to hear about any lost and forgotten items you rediscovered!

Clothes - All from my mum's wardrobe
Ring - Nasty Gal
Shoes - Topshop 

8 comments:

  1. I love your outfit! So vintage!!
    Also your hair looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures. First one is gorgeous *_____* Have a nice day!

    I follow you. Maybe follow back? ; *
    http://muffliato9.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the top, and you look like a 80's parisian Lady, you're chic and gorgeous :) <3

    Bisous !
    Sofia
    http://nuagedemoutons.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we're never too old to dress up! I love the skirt, I have a similar one that is also velvet but it has a huuuge slit up the side..I have yet to wear it. ;(

    Violet Faery

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the vintage look of the top and congrats on being company's forum blogger of the week!!

    thriftylilpixie.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally love your Hair !
    And your Outfit is really cute too <3
    Best wishes Lou <3

    http://mygoldenpineapple.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete