26/05/2014

DIY: Tin Cans


I can't remember the last time I did a good old arts and crafts DIY post, so I thought today I would share my new favourite and easy-to-make home accessory.  I can't say I can take credit for this idea, in fact I discovered this do-it-yourself on Pinterest when researching my final first year "up-cycling" project. Looking at the final product I think you can agree that a step by step tutorial is a little unnecessary as all you need is a tin can, some masking tape to create a crisp line, and of course some colourful paint (I used acrylic). In my opinion, the fun part comes after the finish product is complete and thinking up all of the different ways you can use an up cycled tin can. I thought up a new use in different rooms of the house but really the possibilities are endless. 

I would love to know if you try this DIY and have any other ideas how to use an up-cycled tin can. 

5 comments:

  1. I've recently discovered your blog and I really like it! I'm following you now :-)
    Hope you'll like mine too!

    XO,
    Taria-ann
    www.frunettte.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a super cute idea; so simple but it's so pretty! x

    http://zingerbee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these designs, simple and effective, perhaps a future mothers-day gift ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous dear!
    Have a blessed week ahead of you!
    kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete