02/06/2014

Summer Beauty Edit

I realised the other day that it has been a while since my last makeup edit and I often get asked to do more beauty posts, so I thought it was about time to do a little update on what products I have been using lately. When it comes to beauty I am the first to admit that I am not hugely experimental and tend to use the same makeup day in day out - a few of these items even featured in last summer's makeup edit! However, now that it is summer I have been more inspired to wear brighter lips and nails and a slightly bronzier complexion. 

Nails
You probably all know by now that Essie is my absolute favourite nail polish line. In my opinion they just have the best colours, the best lasting power and I can never resist those cute little white bottles. Recently, I have been using up what I already have rather than buying any new shades, seeing as I do own them in nearly every colour of the rainbow! Fiji (light pink) has always been my absolute favourite, however as of late, Bikini So Teeny (blue) may have taken over it's place as my most worn.

Complexion
In my intro I mentioned quite a few of these products have stayed the same since last year and most of these are in the complexion category. Nars Laguna bronzer is the best bronzer I have ever tried and I find that having such pale skin means I only need to use very little and it lasts forever! Cream blush is still my favourite formula to use, and I think Topshop have such a great variety of bright shades for summer. As for highlighter, I still frequently use my trusted MAC Soft and Gentle which gives the loveliest glow, however I have also been loving cream highlighter and the No.7 Skin Illuminator is perfect for a golden glow. However, I think the stand out product for me in the complexion category would have to be the Garnier Miracle Skin Cream. It has everything I look for in a summer face product; SPF 20, a very light coverage yet with quite a long staying power, and a dewy finish. The formula is slightly different than your average tinted moisturiser in that it comes out a grey colour containing small beads of pigment which turn into a subtle tan shade when rubbed in to the skin. I love that this product is not heavy at all which has helped my skin to breathe and clear up a lot of my acne. 

Lips
From the swatches of these lip products it's clearly obvious that pink has been my go-to colour in the past few weeks. I am still loving the Revlon Colourburst Balms in the shades Unapologetic and Demure. For a bright party lip MAC's Candy Yum Yum is an easy choice  especially if you don't have time to create an eye look but still want to make a statement. And for day to day I love L'Oreal's Rouge Coress Lipstick in Lovley Rose, which I think is more like a tinted lip balm and is your classic baby pink. 

8 comments:

  1. summer nails colors are amazing. Essie has a good collection!
    www.bonjourchiara.com
    Bonjourchiara Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like great products. Thanks for sharing.

    http://kintsugioflife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Essie has the greatest colors ever

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those nail polishes and lipsticks/lip butters look absolutely PERFECT for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the combinations of colors! My favorite is the nail polish collection inspired by spring! xx
    Mia
    http://www.ssenescence.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am obsessed with those new Essie polishes! AMAzzzzzING!
    kisses
    xoBeckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete