04/07/2014

June Beauty Buys

There is one obvious thing that comes hand in hand with flying, and that is duty free... From all the traveling I did last month it was a good opportunity to do my once annual makeup stock up in the huge duty shop at Heathrow Terminal 5 (as well as picking up a couple of other items along the way of course!) I love reading about Cupcakes And Cashmere's "Monthly Beauty Buys," and felt inspired to do my own little haul to share my new favourite beauty bits that I have welcomed into my daily routine. 
Benefit Porefessional - One of those well known cult products that I have wanted to try but never quite got around to buying simply because it felt a little unnecessary to add yet another step into my  daily rotation, however I am really glad I took the plunge. It isn't something that I wear on a daily basis - only when I need my makeup to last for long periods of time, but it has really helped to minimise my large pores as well as the smoothness and staying power of my face makeup.  
Bobbi Brown "Peony" - Throughout my entire makeup-buying-life I have only ever owned two blushes both of which are almost finished but more worryingly are coming up to about five years old (and I am sure well over their expire date). It was definitely time to try something new and since I always drift towards corals I decided to go for a colour on the opposite end of the spectrum, a blue toned pink. It is definitely a very wearable colour that goes with most looks, although I see myself returning back to my beloved coral at some point in the future.

NARS "Laguna" Bronzer - The dark colour definitely has to be used sparingly on my fair skin tone but the previous one I owned lasted for over three years so I definitely think I got my moneys worth and something that plays a big factor when I invest in anything from NARS. This is my one and only perfect bronzer and something I see myself repurchasing time and time again. If it ain't broke don't fix it!
NARS "Heatwave" - Definitely a big treat to myself while on holiday, but in the excitement of heading to Paris I was in the stereotypical 'Frenchy' mood and a red lipstick seemed like the perfect token to remember my trip with. Recently, I have been loving red to brighten up any look and the orange undertones makes it the perfect shade for summer.
Yves Rocher "Olive Oil" Lotion - While in Paris, my friend Frances and I discovered Yves Rocher, a beauty shop very similar to the likes of Bath and Body Works and The Body Shop but with even better smells and prices. I loved all the products in the olive oil scented range and paid around 3-4 euros for this 400ml bottle of lotion (taking into account that The Body Shop sells their olive body butter for £13 it is definitely a bargain!) 
Miss Dior - Someone definitely had way too many boots points when this transaction happened, but after five years of point saving I was well overdue a spending. I have loved Miss Dior perfumes for years although what I didn't realise when I bought this is that the formulation from the original one as I remember it has changed! A little disappointed with the revamp but something lovely to wear in evenings and after wearing it every day in Paris the scent leaves me a reminder of my days strolling down Parisienne streets. 

2 comments:

  1. i've got porefessional as well and i super love it! :DD


    Love,
    Pudding Monster

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are GORGEOUS! Seriously, such a beauty queen! Love the red lipstick on you and your skin is perfectly flawless!

    ReplyDelete