30/07/2014

Summer Smoothies


I am all for the concept of fresh juices and smoothies as they are not only really refreshing and help to fill you up but also the benefit of drinking your fruit and veg makes it much easier to consume a larger portion of food and get the nutrients you need throughout the day. I thought I would share my favourite concoction of the moment which I like to call my Raspberry Refresher. Not only do I love making my own fresh fruit smoothies but my family are also very passionate about growing a lot of our own fruit and veg, so beforehand I head outside to pick the fruit fresh off the vines. 

To make my raspberry refresher pop into a blender:

1 cup of raspberries
1.5 cups of diced watermelon 
200-250ml of apple juice 
2-3 tbs of Greek yogurt (optional) 

Of course you can mix and match the ingredients as you please and what is available to you. I also love to switch the apple juice and greek yogurt for some lemonade when I'm wanting a sweeter (and  a little more unhealthy) treat. 

Please let me know your favourite smoothie mixes as I am very interested to experiment and try out some more fruit and veg combinations!

7 comments:

  1. this sounds delicious!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that smoothie sounds soo nice - i love raspberries. :)

    www.jenems.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMM! That looks amazing, I will have to try!

    XO Chelsea http://www.shesaidhesaidfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious and so healthy! I've only ever had banana smoothies... i would love to try more berries! xo
    refreshion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Juicing is all the rage right now and you know honestly, I hate the idea of adding vegetables in my drinks. BUT, if I can't taste it, it's perfect. Your recipe sounds delicious!

    xoxo,
    Maggie S.
    http://clothestomidnight.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummmm!!! I've been loving watermelon coolers all summer but never thought to mix in raspberries with it! Brilliant, especially for a bit of the tart taste! You look darling hun!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete