18/08/2014

Sixtys Fringe

The sixties 'hippy' trend has been floating around for a while now and I am all over anything floaty or fringy. My favourite sixties inspired piece over the summer has been this sheer fringed kimono that has a beautiful embroidered floral overlay and gives a fun bohemian/ sixties twist to any basic outfit. The kimono is actually another piece I won in the #missguidedfest competition and the foundation upon my new obsession with Misguided's collection (as seen on my Instagram . The simple black dress I am wearing is a great example for turning something really basic and not very exciting into something a lot more fun and unique. I usually only wear this black dress on nights out or at parties but with the added accessories of a floppy hat and tan suede boots, the look completely transforms into something much more wearable on a daily basis. 

Also, I just wanted to mention that although the lighting may deceive you, I have not dip-dyed my hair although I am actually really loving the look. I know the trend is a little bit on the old side and has been and is slowly fading out but I would love your thoughts on dip-dying and whether or not I should give it a go. 

Kimono - Missguided 
Dress - Nasty Gal 
Boots - Dune
Hat - Lavand 

19 comments:

  1. Love the hat!
    Emilie
    http://mylittlefashiondiary.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice hat ;-)


    i invite to me too
    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have such a cute look xx
    www.styleandlondon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so envious of your hair! I've been after a good floppy hate for summer x

    Tilly Enn // A Beauty and Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely outfit, the missguided kimono looks lovely with the black dress. Sorta festival chic, I love it!

    whatkatiewatched.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm obsessed with that hat. It looks great on you xx

    http://voguedreamland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. That hat is absolutely gorgeous. I absolutely love your outfit

    Made in Mauve

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair and style is perfect!!
    You have a new follower :)
    annasmirror.blogspot.com

    BLOG / FACEBOOK / LOOKBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing boho chic look! Gorgeous floppy hat! =)

    NEW POST on http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore the hat, I have a similar one in beige but am definitely looking to buy a dark red one as well!

    Much love xxx
    http://christinanista.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. so cool!
    http://walidnamouri.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the outfit! and your hair is such a pretty colour <3

    cultkid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. gah you look adorable! love the hat, and your hair is so dreamy x

    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

  14. Amazing pictures! Glad I found your blog on the Company website :)
    I'm your latest Bloglovin follower girl, love your style <3

    xoxo Iris
    A Dash Of Fash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate your lovely words and your support! Your comment just made my day! :) xx

      www.rachelsfashionpatch.blogspot.com

      Delete