23/07/2015

In My Makeup Bag



I am constantly rotating different products in and out of my beauty bag, but during the summer it's all about stripping down my daily products down to the bare minimum - no one likes a face capped in makeup on a boiling hot day! 

First things first, I must mention this gorgeous bag from Marimekko. I have been a huge fan of their prints for years and I love the colour combination of this Unikko print! It's the perfect size to keep bits and bobs like makeup, or pens stored neatly inside your handbag, and I love including great design into my daily life.  

For me, a sweep of bronzer on the cheeks and a natural pink or nude lip colour makes up the perfect summer look. I also like to add a touch of concealer to any blemishes and a coat of mascara possibly with some subtle brown eyeliner, but the key is to keeping the look very natural. I am also a huge white polish fanatic and Essie Fiji has been a favourite for many years - I think I have used up over seven bottles! Skincare is also important to remember all year round, but in summer I particularly need a really intense moisturiser to combat any dry skin patches, and Origins is the savour of my skin dilemmas.  As for fragrance, Miss Dior is another favourite, particularly for evening wear. Scent has a such a strong relationship to memory for me, and this one brings me back to my summer spent in Paris last year, but who wouldn't want to be transported to the land of Monet and macaroons? 

Makeup Bag - Marimkko // Sunglasses - Topshop // Fragrance - Miss Dior // Nail Polish - Essie, Fiji // Lip Colour - Loreal // Bronzer - NARS, Laguna // Mask - Origins

1 comment:

  1. nice
    new post: http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2015/07/casual-day-sneaker-wedges.html

    ReplyDelete