26/08/2015

Rainforest In The City




I think I may have found my paradise - well the closest I can get to it anyway. A rainforest in the city! 
These beautiful tall, glass, Victorian greenhouses are works of art in their own right, and inside they hold a living encyclopaedia of plant species from all around the world - as I said, my idea of heaven! I love walking through the different rooms and not knowing where you will be transported to behind the next door; maybe the Borneo rainforest or Nevada desert (minus the sand of course). 

In true rainforest fashion I am wearing a raincoat from Protected Species, which is a company I have been working with for a while now as one of their social media contributors. (Link to their Instagram: @protectedspecies and Pinterest: @speciespro.) I'm a true advocate for their catchphrase "Engineered for performance. Designed for living," because not only are these jackets super stylish and would look great with anything in your wardrobe, they are also made using a technically sophisticated fabric that is breathable, windproof and 100% waterproof. Think of them like your high-tech North Face jacket but without the plastic-feeling outer layer and instead with a great style-led design. 

Now I just have to wait until I can test these jackets out in the real rainforest! 




5 comments:

  1. Gosh Rachel, you look absolutely beautiful. I love the juxtaposition of the text and the botanic backdrop in this post - it evokes such a tropical vibe!

    <3 Mandy xx
    http://frocksandotherfrivolities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love greenhouses!! this is amazing! :D

    Have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete