31/08/2016

Gifting The Party Girll With Hallmark

In my last semester of third year, I did a lot of work surrounding the stationary and gifting industry, which as an area of surface design I hadn't touched on much beforehand but really enjoyed the challenge of putting my illustration skills through its paces. 

During my work placement with Tigerprint (the creative studios behind Mark's and Spencer's stationary lines),  I developed ideas for reinventing gift wrap, and worked on a range of illustrated cards. The experience put me in good stead for my next textiles project which was working on a card range in collaboration with Hallmark. 

 

The theme for my project was based around girls getting ready for a special occasion which of course means lots of makeup, clothes and most importantly; shoes! I had envisioned a collection of cards using a bright colour palette, bold patterns and some fun illustrations, and wanted some of the cards in the collection to be interactive with the receiver.  I really loved the idea of exaggurating the makeup application process with bold shapes and foiling, and looked at a lot of Pop Art and editorial makeup for inspiration. However, I think my favourite card designs would have to be my paper peel-off and wear eyelashes! They are just a fun looking card that includes a functional element that makes it not just 'any-old' card. 

So what do you think? I love sharing my work and getting your feedback, and with my final year project just around the corner, I hope you're ready for lots more design posts!



6 comments:

  1. This is amazing! So talented! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Daisy! I am so glad you liked them! X

      Delete
  2. Just discovered your blog and I love your work! So vibrant and positive!
    www.elliswoolley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your feedback! I am so glad you found my blog and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I really love what you did !

    xoxo, Mathy
    http://awindowonmyuniverse.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mathy! Look out for some more creative posts coming soon! xx

      Delete