19/09/2016

Capturing Flora

Nature has always been my number one inspiration for design, so when it came to deciding on the theme for my first proper textile collection, it was no wonder I was drawn to garden flora as my topic of choice. Drawing first hand is a huge stage in my design process and I really enjoy the therapeutic qualities that comes with sitting within the natural environment and seeing what you produce on the page.  It's a stage which I try not to take too seriously - obviously I still need to produce high quality drawings and not a load of scribbles - but if I make a mistake it's not the end of the world and if I do something i don't like overall, I'm not going to rip it out of my sketchbook.

I am so excited for my final year, even though it may be very stressful and a little daunting as to what's next when I get out the other side. I can't wait to share my progress with you throughout the year on the blog and hear your responses along the way. Let me know if you have a favourite flower, I am always looking for new ones to draw! 

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment